What is it like to work as a primary school leader during COVID-19?
Our 132nd interview is with, Sam Keys, deputy headteacher, and SENCO lead at St Bede’s Catholic Primary school in Newcastle …
Listen to the podcast (25 minutes)
In this podcast, listen to Sam and Teacher Toolkit founder, Ross McGill discuss:
- The student makeup of St Bede’s
- Sam’s school experience and path into teaching
- What SENCO is and what the role entails
- The administrative workload related to supporting SEN students
- Supporting SEN students’ transition into high school
- Workload pressures for school leaders
- School feedback policies
- The benefits of wellbeing initiatives for staff, and
- St Bede’s attitude towards personal development.
Watch the conversation
This article was originally published by Teachertoolkit.co.uk. Read the original article here.