Erin Rifkin – Vice President, Skilling
At Microsoft, our mission is to empower every person and organization on the planet to achieve more. In a world driven by technology, access to technical skills is a vital part of that mission. For this reason, we’ve brought together all the technical content, learning tools, and resources that Microsoft has to offer in the new Microsoft Learn product family.
The new Microsoft Learn product family: Connected, comprehensive technical resources
Technology’s purpose is to empower you. That’s why Microsoft Learn is designed to help you get the most value from Microsoft products and services, so you can make the most impact through the work you want to do. Whether you’re innovating or troubleshooting a problem, technology and the skills you need to use it are now within reach.
Microsoft Learn enables you to gain new skills at your own pace. Learning begins at your skill level and progresses quickly with practice in Microsoft products—because for today’s problem solvers and tomorrow’s innovators to make real progress, there’s no substitute for learning by doing. Microsoft Learn also offers you access to a community of passionate builders and learners, which serves as a source of inspiration and a catalyst for growth.
From the fundamentals to the most advanced, role-specific technical know-how, with a multitude of products to serve all kinds of learning styles, Microsoft Learn meets you wherever you are in your learning journey.
Microsoft Learn can help you to:
- See new possibilities in technology to help you achieve your goals and reach your potential no matter where you are in your career or learning journey.
- Learn by doing through interactive learning experiences and technical resources that help you build skills and solve problems.
- Showcase your skills with certifications and achievements that demonstrate your expertise.
- Connect and engage with a community of other learners for inspiration, resources, and networking.
Unified learning resources
Learn.microsoft.com is the place for you to find consolidated Microsoft technical training, documentation, and resources that work for you, regardless of your learning needs, skill level, style, or goals. In a word, the redesigned Microsoft Learn experience is streamlined. Whether you’re advancing your own technical skills or skilling up to address emerging needs for your organization, you’ll find a connected, engaging learning experience where you can explore the resources you need, including:
- Documentation. Easily access all Microsoft technical documentation, including quick starts, how-to guides, and architectural guidance and frameworks created by our engineering teams. If you’re a longtime Docs user, you’ll find the features you know and love, and your old bookmarks will work, too!
- Training. Take instructor-led training, with virtual or in-person courses, taught by Microsoft Certified Trainers from Microsoft Learning Partners worldwide. Access hundreds of free, interactive, self-paced learning paths—covering cloud computing, AI, business applications, and other topics—localized into several languages. And discover other training opportunities, such as Microsoft Virtual Training Days and Cloud Games.
- Certification. Demonstrate you have the expertise, experience, and ability to innovate and excel. Whether you are finishing school and preparing to start your career—or someone that has career experience and looking to take that next step, Microsoft Certifications help you show that you have what it takes to achieve your goals and reach your potential. Access a variety of engaging practice opportunities to accelerate your success.
- Q&A. Check out questions about Microsoft technologies—and get timely answers—in this global, community-driven platform.
- Code samples. Find scripts and code that you can download, modify, and make your own.
- Shows and Events. Learn TV is now Shows, where you can watch original video content from Microsoft technical experts and members of the community, and you can tune into technical Events live or on demand.
With so many resources and opportunities in one place, you have more ways to showcase your skills and connect with colleagues, peers, and experts.
- The improved Microsoft Learn profile consolidates all the details of your personal learning experiences into one view. Here, you can access your training activity (including learning paths and modules), select instructor-led training and challenges, and keep track of your certifications and your engagements with Q&A.
- All your learning and certification activity is now included in a shareable transcript that showcases everything you’ve learned and achieved. Now you can highlight and share your achievements on social media and see those of your peers and colleagues in the learning community.
Visit learn.microsoft.com today to create your profile and start exploring!
More to come
You’ll see most of these changes live on Microsoft Learn already, and we will continue to make updates (including localization) in the days and weeks to come. But we’ve only begun to uncover all the amazing opportunities waiting for you on the new and improved Microsoft Learn. Bringing all these experiences together unlocks new possibilities for us to enhance and expand the learning experience—in fact, some of those new features are right around the corner. Join us at Microsoft Ignite, October 12–14, 2022, to hear exciting announcements about what’s next for Microsoft Learn—and more!