What Is The Definition Of Hybrid Learning Success?
The creation of a hybrid learning environment merges the complexity of the two environments, physical and virtual, and results in a program that is customizable and sets up any type of learner for success. Hybrid learning offers learners flexibility that traditional learning can’t compare to, with the ability to take classes anywhere at any time, at a pace that works best for each individual learner.
The main objective of any type of Learning and Development program is for the learners to walk away with knowledge that sticks. Success parameters are used to determine how well the L&D program is working, and if any adjustments need to be made. Some parameters to look for include tracking learner development, course attempts and drop-off rates, as well as testing learning knowledge a certain number of days, weeks, or months after the course has been completed.
When developing or evaluating a tech stack, there are several L&D Objectives that are key to producing a successful, blended learning environment for all.
Objective 1 – Business Performance
Business performance is usually the top objective of every L&D activity. When employees are continuously learning, it will result in higher performance of their everyday tasks and business KPIs.
Objective 2 – Employee Satisfaction
Increased employee retention rates and employee net promotor scores can be a result of a successful L&D program. Research suggests that 94% of employees stay with a company that invests in learning and development, affirming that employees value learning in the workplace.
Objective 3 – Employer Branding
Employer branding is an often forgotten, yet crucial piece of building a learning and development program. Branding within an LMS helps create a more customized and business approach to learning, and it reminds the learners that the training is made “just for them”. Outwardly, branding also tells candidates that their company is committed to their careers and long-term growth.
7 Signs That Your Current Training Program Is Overwhelming (And Tips To Lighten The Cognitive Load With Hybrid Learning)
When it comes to learning in the workplace, there are endless amounts of topics and competencies that are available and encouraged to be learned. With such a vast availability of knowledge and education, training can easily become overwhelming.
Red Flags your Training Program is Causing Cognitive Overwhelm
- Information Overload: Employees feel a sense of frustration and incompetence for not knowing enough.
- Misplaced Priorities: With too much information available, learning priorities have become misplaced and it’s unclear what to learn first.
- Burnout & Stress: Accelerated feelings of fatigue and strain with training tasks.
- Poor Knowledge Retention: Diminishing value and applications of learning in the workplace.
- Ineffective Presentation: Monotonous and tedious formats that are simply not part of a learning recipe for retention.
- External Distractions: Eliminating and reducing interference with learning starts with offering multiple ways to learn.
- Lack of Context: Providing background and a frame of reference puts the need for learning into focus for all employees.
So, the question is – how can an organization avoid cognitive overwhelm?
The goal of any training program is for employees to learn, retain, and make use of the training. To accomplish this, it’s imperative to give employees training that they can handle and in a format that makes sense for them. When organizations supply a one-size-fits-all training program, knowledge retention is put at risk, as well as employee engagement. There are several actionable tips to help lighten the learning load and boost employee engagement.
Employee Engagement Tips
- Provide context for how the training will help them in their daily functions
- Keep the training simple and concise
- Break down the tasks into manageable steps
- Be aware of different learning styles and how the information is presented
- Pay attention to the information flow
- Utilize questions that promote knowledge retention
- Minimize distractions and have scheduled training times
Download the eBook Your Guide To Creating Your Own Customized Hybrid Learning Success Story today to create a hybrid training program that bridges gaps and makes the most of your internal talent.