As technology evolves, so do our certifications. To that end, we’ve streamlined the requirements for the Microsoft Dynamics 365 certifications for customer engagement apps. Although we still highly recommend passing Exam PL-200: Microsoft Power Platform Functional Consultant before earning a Dynamics 365 certification for customer engagement apps, effective July 28, 2022, it is no longer a requirement.
What does this mean for you?
- If you’ve earned one of the following certifications and it’s active, the expiration date will be extended to July 28, 2023.
- If you earned one of the following certifications but did not renew it, we will reissue the certification on July 28, 2022, as a one-time program update. Please make sure to renew your certification before it expires on July 28, 2023.
- Microsoft Certified: Dynamics 365 Sales Functional Consultant Associate
- Microsoft Certified: Dynamics 365 Marketing Functional Consultant Associate
- Microsoft Certified: Dynamics 365 Customer Service Functional Consultant Associate
- Microsoft Certified: Dynamics 365 Field Service Functional Consultant Associate
- Going forward, the updated certification exams (Exam MB-210, Exam MB-220, Exam MB-230, and Exam MB-240) will assess you on a limited set of Microsoft Power Platform skills. However, some of the skills measured will assume that you have Microsoft Power Platform skills not explicitly covered on the exam. This is why we recommend that you pass Exam PL-200 before taking one of the customer engagement app exams. Check the “Skills measured” document on the exam page to make sure you’re ready to take the exam.
Celebrate with the world: Post badges on LinkedIn
When you earn a Microsoft Certification, you can claim your badge and post it on LinkedIn to celebrate your accomplishment with your team and your network. It often takes less than a minute to update your LinkedIn profile and to share your achievements, highlight your skills, and show how you can help to meet the needs and goals of your current or potential employer and its customers.
It’s simple to renew a Microsoft Certification
When it’s time to renew your certification, you can renew it by passing a free renewal assessment on Microsoft Learn—anytime within six months before the certification is due. Because these certifications will expire on July 28, 2023, you will be able to renew your certification starting around the beginning of February 2023.
Where’s my community?
Join fellow learners in a community with other Dynamics 365 professionals. Share your career journey with colleagues who have similar interests in Dynamics 365 and related technologies. Gain insights and gather information, explore job openings, and learn from your peers and others: