As technology evolves, so do our certifications. To that end, we’ve streamlined the requirements for the Microsoft Dynamics 365 certifications for customer engagement apps. Although we still highly recommend passing Exam PL-200: Microsoft Power Platform Functional Consultant before earning a Dynamics 365 certification for customer engagement apps, effective July 28, 2022, it is no longer a requirement.
What does this mean for you?
- If you’ve earned one of the following certifications and it’s active, the expiration date will be extended to July 28, 2023.
- If you earned one of the following certifications but did not renew it, we will reissue the certification on July 28, 2022, as a one-time program update. Please make sure to renew your certification before it expires on July 28, 2023.
- Microsoft Certified: Dynamics 365 Sales Functional Consultant Associate
- Microsoft Certified: Dynamics 365 Marketing Functional Consultant Associate
- Microsoft Certified: Dynamics 365 Customer Service Functional Consultant Associate
- Microsoft Certified: Dynamics 365 Field Service Functional Consultant Associate
- Going forward, the updated certification exams (Exam MB-210, Exam MB-220, Exam MB-230, and Exam MB-240) will assess you on a limited set of Microsoft Power Platform skills. However, some of the skills measured will assume that you have Microsoft Power Platform skills not explicitly covered on the exam. This is why we recommend that you pass Exam PL-200 before taking one of the customer engagement app exams. Check the “Skills measured” document on the exam page to make sure you’re ready to take the exam.
Celebrate with the world: Post badges on LinkedIn
When you earn a Microsoft Certification, you can claim your badge and post it on LinkedIn to celebrate your accomplishment with your team and your network. It often takes less than a minute to update your LinkedIn profile and to share your achievements, highlight your skills, and show how you can help to meet the needs and goals of your current or potential employer and its customers.
It’s simple to renew a Microsoft Certification
When it’s time to renew your certification, you can renew it by passing a free renewal assessment on Microsoft Learn—anytime within six months before the certification is due. Because these certifications will expire on July 28, 2023, you will be able to renew your certification starting around the beginning of February 2023.
Where’s my community?
Join fellow learners in a community with other Dynamics 365 professionals. Share your career journey with colleagues who have similar interests in Dynamics 365 and related technologies. Gain insights and gather information, explore job openings, and learn from your peers and others:
This is really good news and I will pass it on to my Dynamics 365 community. Are there similar plans for the MB-3×0 exams?
Yes, we are working on that for this year – hope to announce something in H2.
Thank you @Liberty Munson for this. I am sharing with the subject specialists in my community.
This is great. I will also pass the info to my team. @Liberty Munson, are there any incoming changes in requirements for other Power platform/Dynamics Certification like for PL-600?
i have passed my MB-240 (Field services) exam and today I received an email that I am being awarded with “Dynamics 365 Field Services Functional Consultant Associate”.
now, when I am looking at my badges, I am unable to see this ASSOCIATE badge but the certification is showing under my Microsoft Learn > certification page.
what could be the issue?
If you are referring to the badges on Credly, then you should wait 24-48 hours for the badge to appear. If it doesn’t raise a ticket on https://aka.ms/certificationsupport
Regarding MB-3×0 exams, by H2 you mean fiscal H2 or calendar H2?
I think Nancy is referring to Microsoft fiscal H2 i.e., calendar 2023 H1
@rarocena Yes, it should happen sometime in the late spring of 2023.
@da_erazo there are no other changes in requirements for PL-600.
@Liberty Munson I have passed the MB-220. On the MS Docs page it says that I will cearn the Dynamics 365 Marketing Functional Consultant Associate certification automatically when passing the MB-220. This is not shown in my certifications. How can I get the Associate badge? https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/certifications/d365-functional-consultant-marketing/#certification-…
Here is no such guidance on MB-300
@Aashib1996 no this is only for the customer engagement certifications MB-2×0 at the moment
The MB-3×0 exams are a little harder to change and as Nancy said in the comments above, Microsoft are looking at how to change these in first half of next year
How to prepare my MB-300 certification if you guide me I will be thankful